4/20/16

Lol

I got a hilarious comment by one anonymous lady who, after very helpfully telling me that medal on the previous post was not Jesus but St. Jude, went on to say, "And will you stop with those ugly primates".
Undine.
Mentioning over two more comments some recollections about Chimpanzees ripping off people's faces and testicles...

I don't know where to start guys. The fact that you're talking about chimpanzees after I posted gorillas, the fact that if you don't like animals that harm people- you must HATE humans...
Amative.
The fact that I'm sure those chimps in China were being treated like crap... Or like, I've posted tigers and lions- they've probably hurt a hundred times more people than any primates.

Hippos! Hippos kill more people in Africa than all other animals put together, are you against them too? Wolves? Even pet dogs killed between 20 to 30 people last year in the US alone.

But now lets talk about the millions and millions of primates human being have killed and, yes, even tortured throughout the years... Like gorillas which are still hunted and sold as "bush meat" in parts of Africa. Where people are super poor and hungry so you can't blame them, just like you can't blame some chimp when confronted with people who want to keep them as pets when they're, you know, wild animals.
I certainly didn't mean to rant about this at all. And I wasn't kidding when I said the comments made me chuckle. In celebration cuz I love nutty comments, lets look at some chimpanzees! Who share 98% of their DNA with humans and are more similar to us than they are to gorillas or any other animal!
 dog friends meme running animal friendshipcheezburger  sports animals jumping monkey


Look at this guy counting to 9 by taping numbers faster than any human can manage (this is not sped up):
monkey research chimp chimpanzee chimpanzees
And this is how one group of chimps reacted as they were led into their new, larger enclosure.
And one more just for you:


--end rant--

8 comments:

big mamabird said...

Stinky finger!

Anonymous said...

Wait just a minute. When I objected to primates, it wasn't just the gorilla posting. It was also your few previous postings of all kinds of primates.
You defend them by saying that people keep them as pets and they are, after all, wild animals. And then you celebrate the ones in captivity by showing them in clothes, enclosed, and playing with numbers. Yes, they are smart, and that's what makes them so creepy. A wolf may attack a human because it is starving. A bear will attack to defend its cub. But a chimp will selectively rip off certain parts of the body e.g.. nose, lips, testicles. Why? I don't think we really know.
For what reason do you show any animals at the end of your posting? I believed it was for appeal…"aww that's cute, look at this Harry". So bring back the beagles and pigeons (I don't remember a pigeon specifically, but I would like to see one).

Saraccino said...

Oh, the Bonobos are even closer to us! This actually may give us humans hope since they are described as extraordinarily peaceful (especially compared to chimpanzees) ;)

Mostly primates appear creepy because they are so close to us and still are strange, like an illusion mirror. I worked with them during my study time and I love them all.

By the way: Most predators will attack at typical preferred body parts. Wolfs actually go directly to the face if possible in a defense! But even rodents go in a defensive / stress situation for the face. One has carefully to separate hunting behaviour as well as offensive and defensive attacks as well as the general situation. Most animals are more complex than people tend to think ;)

Back to topic: Love all your new work and that you show it more often in smaller portions!

stregata said...

Oh Marina, I love you - too smart for words...
@Saraccino - I guess it must have been recessive genes from the bonobos, because humans are definitely not more peaceful than chimps...

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

Each to his own (opinions) anonymous. We all have a choice of not looking or reading? Marina...I just LOVE these 2 pieces, coolest of cool! xo

Beatnheart said...

I have the feeling that Anonymous is really you...
as a alter ego or another personality....
whatever I love the smart banter that goes
on over here....

I have about 10 things I could say here, but unlike you,
I still hold back for fear of losing face...I tend to get
into trouble with my sassy mouth....I know you don't
care and would probably laugh, but Anonymous might
get pissed off...

oh and yeah your new work is exceptional as always...
forever yours,
BH

Raven's Rest Studio, Jennifer Conway said...

Your work rocks and leaves everything and every body in the dust. I was at a gigantic spring craft market today and left your name (blog) with the lady because I knew she'd 'get' your work. I told her she'd see page after page of awesome. Her work is similar to yours but only a faint 'vibe' ... I've been watching KoKo on Youtube and being amazed. She was very upset at Robin Williams' death. They were buds. Okay, bye for now; love your work always. Norma, x
P.S. I'm signed in as RavensRestStudio as it's my daughter's laptop and I don't want to sign out (I'm fairyyellowbug). Ta.

Rebecca said...

Gorgeous. That mama(?) rescuing her baby from the water.....I love her protective cuddles! Oh, and your jewellery's not half bad either ;-)