7/11/15

Manic Makies!

Listing up a storm these days.Faculae. Antique kuchi and vintage rhinestone bracelet. Rustic assemblage victorian tribal bracelet.
Faculae- bright patches visible on the Sun's surface.
Lots of these sold already tho. But you know you only come here for ideas to cop- er, inspiration.

The Goal of Knowledge. Stacked earrings with rustic art beads. Victorian tribal assemblage. Orange, brown.
“She is the source of light in all luminous objects. She is beyond the darkness of matter and is unmanifested. She is knowledge, She is the object of knowledge, and She is the goal of knowledge. She is situated in everyone's heart.” 
―The Bhagavad Gita

It's all sweaty in Chicago today. 
Exulansis. Stacked salmon earrings with rustic art beads. Victorian tribal assemblage.

Exulansis- n. the tendency to give up trying to talk about an experience because people are unable to relate to it (...) which allows it to drift away from the rest of your life story, until the memory itself feels out of place, almost mythical, wandering restlessly in the fog, no longer even looking for a place to land
-The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows

Dangle Moons. Caged baroque pearl earrings.
Which reminds me, you know those dudes in the gym that have sweat just rolling down their bodies in rivulets? What's up with that? I get one drip and I feel like an ant's crawling on me and have towel that shit off immediately.Dark Moons. Caged baroque pearl earrings. 
Wow, you certainly did not come here today to picture sweaty dudes with rivulets. I am so sorry.
 Bone Moons. Caged baroque pearl earrings.
As you can see here, operation Infinite Pearls is a go.
Oceanic 1. Bangle stack. Rustic tribal gypsy bracelet set with cuff in blues and greens.
Like I said last post, time to drown y'all in bracelets.
      
These were such a treat to make though. The cuffs are vintage lamp banding, a decorative trim for lamps. There's all kinds and some you might recognize is used by assemblage artisans to sort of trim tintypes and stuff. It's super fun.
Beach Sand. Bangle stack. Rustic tribal gypsy bracelet set with cuff in white and beige.
But so I got a bunch a while ago and then I was like, yeah I know I wanna make cuffs but then what? Finally it hit me- bracelet sets. All the fun and ease-of-production of bangle stacks without the sheer overwhelming number of unwieldy bangles.
Oceanic 2. Bangle stack. Rustic tribal gypsy bracelet set with cuff in blues and greens.
Plus I had no crappy beads I wanted to use purely for destash, only awesome beads that I had no particular plan for. Add some embellishment on the band cuffs and voi-la. 
Beach Sand 2. Bangle stack. Rustic tribal gypsy bracelet set with cuff in white and beige.
Actually, all the cuffs have extender chains and hooks,. Since the metal isn't the springy kind cuffs are always made of, you need something to keep it together sort of. And it's an excuse for a cute oversized bead as the extender chain dangle.
Oceanic 2. Bangle stack. Rustic tribal gypsy bracelet set with cuff in blues and greens.
Been realizing that the easiest stuff to make is so often the most popular. Even though I always feel like I should be wielding torches and smelting fine metals instead of just playing with cute beads as I tend to do... 

Earthen Path. Bangle stack. Rustic tribal gypsy bracelet set with cuff in browns, copper, amber.
Earthen Path. (Here's a set without a cuff, but rather a triple-wrap dealie made with wide bracelet and mesh chain)
I keep seeing how truly lovely silver is in metalwork. How silver wire can look smushy and super strong at the same time:

But I can't bring myself to spend the big bucks on the stuff cuz... Like I'm a cheapskate, I know this. I have been able to overcome that and regularly spend what a few years ago would have shocked me on supplies, but wire? I'd be so precious with it there'd be no room for spontaneity. Plus then I'd have to move into a whole new price range and I don't know if I can sustain that...
So yeah.


So check it so I posted this on instagram:
With this caption:
And got this awesome response from my old bestie Sparrow:
Which was awesome because A) first time getting scolded on Instagram and that alone made me inexplicably happy and 2) whole new perspective which did push me to get all these listings up but also C) making is fun and listing isn't at all so really ... Like, I could be the tooth-flossingest person ever if I just... but that's never gonna... 
OK, whatever I just said made sense in my head. Have another gif.
or two
or three












4 comments:

Penelope said...

LMFAO scolded!!! :D :D :D I'm so glad you got a kick out of it, I'm such a scoldy person lately...anger management issues. I think I was just jealous cause for me now, making jewelry is UGH but I could photograph it all fucking day, I love that part. Ok also with the sterling thing, it is sooooo lovely to work with, and it tarnishes so well and all that stuff. Usually I'd say it gives value to your work but your work already has an intrinsic value as artist pieces so it would just give more. Hey it's your burfday soon, why you no just get someone to buy you like $50 worth of sterling wire and then you can try it out? Then the money you make on the items you make goes into buying more sterling. I know stuff.

bohemiannie! art said...

hey! i've scrolled but missed the place - if you have such a place - where i'd sign up to receive your blog via email.

RomAntiqueSoul said...

I like the new bangles...I've been wanting to try some of that banding stuff to make some, but I haven't quite started to make again yet...the plan is Monday! Bring it on! Lovely stuff as always and reading your blog is always a treat! I started hitting the gym again three days ago (came back from seeing my fam overseas -my aunt overfed me like a good Italian, now I'm paying the consequences) and I have to start over...sigh -_-;
Oh well! Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

love the bangles. LOL about the sweat rivulets. Perfect description--bugs crawling on ya!